- 900 gms./ 2lb Fish
- 1cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 black pepper powder
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
For Garnishing :
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
How to make Batter Fried Fish :
- Wash the fish thoroughly and cut into pieces. Rub the turmeric over the fish pieces with about 1tsp salt and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the fish under running water.
- Mix gram flour, bread crumbs, salt, chili & pepper powder, green chili, coriander and water and form a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai or wok .
- Coat the fish nicely with batter and deep-fry until golden all over on a moderate heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve batter fried fish hot garnished with lemon & tomato slices.