- 1 fish Rawas, Surmai or Halwaa
- 1 onion cut in strips
- 1 inch ginger griunded to paste
- 10-12 green chillies chopped
- few curry leaves
- 1 tomato cut in strips
- 1/2 coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
How to make Fish Moilee :
- Marinate fish in salt for 15-30 minutes and semi-fry carefully.
- Saute the onion, ginger, chillies, curry leaves, tomato in oil till light brown.
- Soak the grated coconut in warm water and then remove and keep aside first milk.
- Take rest of the milk, pour into fried masala and put in fish pieces.
- Cook for 10 minutes. When cooked add cornflour dissolved in water and boil.
- Then add first milk. Add juice of half a lime or to taste.