Cooking with well-seasoned cast iron cookware and utensils is one of the most rewarding experiences for both beginner and seasoned cooks alike. A pre-seasoned cast iron cookware has become an important staple in every Indian kitchen. Cast Iron pots are dependable, long lasting, nontoxic, nonstick, and full of character. Iron cookware needs very little upkeep after the first seasoning. Another wonderful benefit of cast iron cookware is its low price. Compared to other expensive pots and pans of the same material, a high quality cast iron pot or skillet is usually much cheaper. Cast iron pots and pans offer an evenly heated surface for cooking no matter what type of pot or pan you use.
This page contains affiliate links. This means we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you whenever you buy a product clicking on our link.
Benefits of using Cast Iron
- Cast iron pans and utensils ovens are very affordable.
- Cast-iron pots are durable.
- Once heated up, the cast-iron skillet will stay hot. Cast-iron skillets are a fantastic tool for searing meat because of this.
- Cast iron retains warmth for a long time so it can keep food hot longer.
- As food cooks, it absorbs a small amount of iron from the pots and pans. One of the main benefit of cooking in cast iron is that it adds a dietary iron to our food.
- Cast iron pans have even distribution of heat. No matter where you put the pan in the oven, your food will cook at a consistent temperature without being either burnt or undercooked.
When cooking tomato-based foods or acidic dishes with citrus juices, lemon juice or vinegar on your cast iron cookware, its nonstick surface will most likely degrade, requiring it to be seasoned again.
1. Cast Iron Roti Tawa
1. Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Roti Tawa
It’s very healthy to cook in this pan because of its non-toxic coating and how easily the surface releases. It also needs less oil for cooking because of these qualities. Comes with a comfortable canvas gripping surface, as well as an extra long handle for comfortable handling.
2. Cast Iron Dosa & Cheela Tawa
Dosa tawa is preferred to be kept separate from roti tawa for the reason that roti does not require oil. Dosa tawa usually will be prepared with ooil and over period of time, it will be more greasy than your roti tawa.
1. The Indus Valley Pre-Seasoned Double Handle Smooth Cast Iron Tawa
Cast iron Tawa are the best when compared to other chemical coated non-stick Tawa’s. They add iron to the food that makes food even healthier. Once seasoned properly, its very good to use and flawless in making dosa, cheela, parantha, and everything else
3. Cast Iron Kadai / Kadhai
1. Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Kadai / Kadhai
It is pre-seasoned twice with 100% vegetable oil to create a chemical-free non-stick surface over it. It is durable and free of any screws or weld joints.
2.Mr. Butler Natural Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Kadai/Wok 9 Inch
Naturally non-stick, easy to clean and saves you time while cooking. It can withstand high temperatures for a long time. It is sturdy and durable, with the ability to withstand hard handling
To keep cast iron cookware rustproof/ rust-free, apply oil after every use. clean with soft tissue paper and preserve for next use. Don’t wash with soap and keep it aside.
4. Grill Pan
1. Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware Grill Pan Pre-Seasoned
It is Double Seasoned with Gingelly Oil (DSGO), which makes them ready to use. This seasoning with proper usage and care gets better with time. cast iron grill pan can be used for serving, cooking, baking, grilling, and oven-to-table.
5.Cast Iron Skillets and Fry Pan
1. Vinod Legacy Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Frypan of 24 cm with Tough Handle
Cast iron is an excellent heat conductor, it enhances even heat distribution throughout the cookware. This heavy-bottomed pot into which you can submerge food without the oil overflowing.
6. Cast Iron Tadka Pan
1. Rock Tawa Cast Iron PAN 6 in Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- 6 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron
- For deep fry as well as shallow fry
- Can be used on gas, electric or induction stove tops
- Can be used to make fluffy omlette with one or two eggs
7. Paniyaram Appam Maker Cast Iron Pan
1. Dynamic Cookwares, Mini Paniyaram Pan
- Perfectly curved cast iron cavities
- Features Thick Base for slow and even cooking
- Pre-seasoned Naturally with organic cold-pressed gingelly oil
8. Miscellaneous Must haves Cast Iron cookware and utensils
1. Meyer Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven | Biryani Pot
- Heavy gauge construction for extra thickness and durability
- Can also be used for frying, searing, and browning foods
- Ergonomically designed handle for the comfort of use
- Pre-seasoned with 100% vegetable oil
2.Lodge Iron Dutch Oven With Lid, 5 Quart (option with handle) / 7 Quart
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire
- With Dual Handles
5.AmazonBasics Enameled Heavy Duty Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Blue 4.1 Liter enameled cast-iron Dutch oven for baking, braising, roasting, and more
- Made of heavy-duty cast iron for thorough, even heating and optimal cooking performance
- Can be used on all cooking surfaces, including on a stovetop, in the oven or on a barbecue.