Indian chakli is made by passing the dough though and mould and deep-frying it till it becomes golden brown. Learn how to make chakli.
Urud(dal) flour 115 gms.
Rice(chawal) flour 340 gms.
Chili(mirch) powder 3 tsps.
Asafoetida(hing) ½ tsp.
Til seeds 1 tbsp.
Butter(makkhan) 2 tbsps.
Oil(tel) As required
How to make chakli:
- Add all dry ingredients like salt, asafetida and chili powder in the flour.
- Mix butter in it.
- Add cold water and knead the dough.
- Heat oil on medium flame.
- Told the chakli mould over frying pan.
- Press dough and let it pass though the mould.
- fry till they are crisp.
- put them over tissue paper so that it soaks extra oil.
- cool and store in an air tight container.