This is an unusual recipe of mattar ki kheer. Green peas kheer is rich in protein and is full of various nuts.
- Shelled green peas – 1 cup
- Milk – 11/4 litres
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Green cardamom – 1 tsp (powdered)
- Pistachio nuts – 7-10
- Green cardamoms – 20-25 (crushed)
- Raisins – 20-25
- Ghee -1/2 cup
How to make green peas kheer:
- Boil green peas until tender. Refresh in cold water and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan, add the green peas paste and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire and keep it aside.
- Boil milk and add it to the cooked green peas paste. Bring to a boil.
- Cook on a slow flame for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until the milk is reduced to half.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder, raisins and sliced pistachio nuts.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes on a slow flame, stirring constantly.
- Serve chilled.