Here is a quick recipe for making Easter Baskets and Bunnies Cupcakes with Creamy Vanilla Frosting.
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 cup hershey’®s cocoa or hershey’®s special dark® cocoa
1 3/4cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
creamy vanilla frosting
green, red and yellow food color
3-3/4 cups mounds® sweetened coconut flakes, divided and tinted*
suggested garnishes (marshmallows, hershey’®s mini kisses® brand milk chocolates, licorice, jelly beans)
How to make easter baskets and bunnies cupcakes:
- let us begin with tinting the coconut.
- to tint coconut you need to take a small bowl and combine 3/4-teaspoon water with several drops green food color into it.
- next, stir in 1-1/4 cups coconut and toss it with the help of fork until it is evenly tinted.
- you need to repeat the above process with red and yellow food color and remaining coconut also.
- now set the oven to heat to 350°f.
- and then line the muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- next, take one more large bowl and stir into it the following ingredients sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- further add some more ingredients to it like eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- then beat the mixture on medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- in order to let the batter be thin you should stir in boiling water to it.
- after that fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with the prepared batter.
- now bake these for 22-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- finally let it cool completely.
- next step is to prepare the creamy vanilla frosting so frost the cupcakes.
- make sure that you immediately press the desired color tinted coconut onto each cupcake.
- don’t forget to garnish it in such a way that it resembles easter basket or bunny.
- creamy vanilla frosting
- for this you should take a medium sized bowl.
- pour into it 1/3 cup softened butter or margarine and beat it well.
- next, add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract to the butter mixture and again beat well.
- then add 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar alternately with 1/4-cup milk, beating to spreading consistency.