Rava Kesari is easiest and quickest sweet dish recipe which can be made in a jiffy. It is a popular dessert from the state of Karnataka and is made during Ugadi. Dry roasted semolina, sugar, clarified butter and other ingredients are mixed together to make South Indian rava kesari. Learn how to make rava kesari by following this easy recipe.
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup Rava/ Semolina
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 3 cups Water
- A pinch of orange food powder (kesari powder)
- A pinch of Saffron
- 10 Cashew Nuts
- 10 Raisins
How to make South Indian rava kesari :
- In a heavy bottom pan dry roast rava/semolina for a few minutes stirring it constantly till a sweet aroma is released and the color changes to mild golden. Take it out and keep aside.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter in the same pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep them aside.
- In a separate pan heat 3 cups of water. Make sure to always use hot water so that no lumps are formed and the rava gets cooked completely.
- To the the remaining ghee add the remaining clarified butter, rava/semolina and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the boiling water to the rava/semolina mixture and a pinch of orange food powder and saffron. Keep stirring constantly.
- After the rava/semolina gets cooked completely, add sugar and mix well till it dissolves. Now add cardamom powder.
- Garnish rava kesari with cashews nut, raisins and serve hot.