Chocolate swiss roll is a culinary bliss chocolate rolled in a thick layer of cake and sprinkled with icing sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 oz. flour
- 2 oz. castor sugar
- 1 tspful baking powder
- 1 tblspful warm water
- 1oz. grated sweetened chocolate
How to make chocolate swiss roll:
- Grease a swiss roll tin, line with greaseproof paper and then grease the paper well.
- Separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs.
- Beat the yolks and the sugar together until the mixture is creamy.
- Then add the warm water, and immediately after that the chocolate.
- Whisk the whites stiffly, and add alternately with the sieved flour and baking powder, folding them in lightly.
- Put the mixture in the tin and bake in hot oven for about 12 minutes.
- Turn out on to a piece of greaseproof paper well sprinkled with icing sugar, trim the edges and roll it up.
- Then put it on a rack to cool.