Aamras is the puree or plup of the mango. People enjoy is by putting some flavours like Rose syrup or Cardamom or almonds, saffron etc in it for getting that flavoured twist.
- 1 kg Mango (Aam)
- 200 gms powdered Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1/2 litre Milk (Doodh)
How to make aamras:
- Wash mangoes.
- Peel and cut into small pieces.
- Keep the seeds aside in a little water.
- Grind the mango pieces in a mixer and strain the juice.
- Mix sugar in the cold milk and add to the mango juice.
- Add water for required consistency.
- Serve chilled with puri or paratha.
- Flavour it using any of options like a spoon of rose syrup or grate the almonds and garnish it for flavour