1 cup sprouted Moong
1/2 cup sprouted Red Chana
1/2 cup sprouted Kabuli Chana
1/2 cup sprouted Peanuts (Moong Phali)
1 chopped Onion (Pyaj)
1 chopped Tomato (Tamatar)
1/2 tsp grated Ginger
4 crushed cloves Garlic (Lasun)
2 chopped finely Green chilli (Hari mirch)
1 tblsp chopped Coriander (Dhania)
To taste Salt (Namak)
1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1/2 tsp or to taste Chili Powder (Mirchi Powder)
1 tsp Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ka Raas)
4 tblsp Oil
How to make usli:
- Boil the moong sprouts, red chana sprouts, kabuli chana sprouts and sprouts peanuts.
- Don't cook in a pressure cooker.
- Drain it.
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds and fry till brown.
- Add onions and fry for a minute, then add ginger, garlic, green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, turmeric, chili powder and coriander and fry.
- Add potatoes, drained sprouts and salt, mix well.
- Pour lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...