1 kg Pork
1/2 kg Pork Liver
4-5 tblsp Vinegar (Sirka)
6-8 Red chilli (Lal Mirchi)
1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
4-5 Cloves (Lavang)
1/2 tblsp Garlic (Lasun) Paste
1 tblsp Ginger (Adrak) Paste
3 medium sized Onion (Pyaj)
3-4 Green chilli (Hari mirch)
1-2 tblsp Groundnut (Moong Fali) Oil
How to make sorpotel:
- Make a fine paste of the ginger, garlic, red chillies, cloves, cumin seeds with vinegar.
- Wash and boil the pork and liver.
- Cool and cut into small cubes.
- Fry in a pan without using any oil till the meat attains an even brown colour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and fry till they are golden brown in colour.
- Add the ground paste and fry till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the pork along with 3-4 cup of water and salt.
- Cover and cook on a low flame till meat is tender.
- Add slit green chillies and cook further on a low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or bread.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...