KHAMAN KAKDI RECIPE
salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tblsp coconut scraped
a pinch asafoetida
2 tblsp oil
100 gm bengal gram divide (chana dal)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 - 3 green chillies
4 - 5 curry leaves
1 tsp sugar powdered
1 inch ginger
250 gm cucumbers
2 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
How to make khaman kakdi :
- Dry roast the chana dal for 2-3 minutes on a high flame heat up and then soak in water for 8-10 hours.
- Remove and dry grind coarsely.
- Take off the cucumber and shred.
- Mix in salt and leave it aside in a round dish for half an hour.
- Take off the ginger and grind it with green chillies.
- Remove out all the water from the cucumber.
- Mix chana dal, cucumber, ginger-green chilli paste and little more salt if required.
- Mix in cut coriander leaves, scraped coconut, lemon juice, powdered sugar and mix well.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Mix in mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When it starts crackling, mix in this tempering on salad and mix.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...