CARDAMON SHAKE RECIPE
3 cup Milk (Doodh)
1 cup Water
3 tblsp White Poppy Seeds (Safed Khuskhus)
2 tblsp minced raw Cashews or Almonds (Badam)
3 tblsp shredded fried Coconut (Nariyal)
1/3rd cup Sugar (Cheeni) or use as desired
1/2 tsp freshly ground Cardamom Seeds (Elaichi)
How to make cardamon shake:
- Place the poppy seeds in a frying pan over a moderately low heat and dry-roast, turning often, for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the poppy seeds , cashews or almonds , coconut and water in a
blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and process for 2-3 minutes or until the nuts are reduced to a fine puree.
- Add 2 cups of milk and process on low speed for 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer over a pan.
- Press out as much as liquid as possible, then add the remaining milk and cardamom seeds.
- Stirring constantly bring to boil over moderately high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now add the sugar.
- Pour the milk back to forth from one pan to another until it is frothy.
- Serve immediately in warmed cups.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...