AAM PANNA RECIPE
Aam panna is a popular tangy summer cooler. Here is a simple recipe for how to make aam panna. Green mango panna or aam panna is a great remedy for heat stroke and dehydration. It is packed with vitamins too.
Serves : 10
Cooking time : 20 mins
3 medium size green raw mangoes
1 cup Sugar
1 tblsp roasted cumin powder
Black salt to taste
Salt to taste
2 cup water
1 tblsp Mint leaves (pudina patta)
How to make aam panna:
- Place the mangoes along with water in a sauce-pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.Then remove from fire
- Alternately you can pressure cook the mangoes with water till soft.
- Let them cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp with the help of a spoon. Grind mango pulp along with water to a smooth paste.
- In a pan take the pulpy mixture, add sugar and let it cook on flame till the sugar dissolves completely. Stir continously lest you burn the mixture.
- Remove from fire and add roasted cumin powder, black salt and salt.
- Let this mixture cool down properly.
- To make the drink : take a tall glass pour 1 -2 tblsp of the mango mixture and pour in chilled water till 3/4 th. Now add finely chopped mint and crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
1. You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your desire.
2. You can use jaggery instead of sugar.
3. This mixture can stay in refrigerator for upto a week.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...