1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
a pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
2 chopped Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
2 flakes chopped Garlic (Lasan / Lahsun)
2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
Salt to taste
1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
How to make parsi dal:
- Cook the dal with the turmeric powder and sufficient water in a pressure cooker.
- Cook till the dal is cooked.
- Remove from the flame.
- Mash the dal with a wooden spoon. keep aside in a pan.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add the garlic,salt, green chillies and the cumin seeds.
- Fry for a minute over a low flame and pour over the dal.
- Return the dal to a low flame.
- Add a little water if required(the dal should have the consistency of sambhar) and cook for 2 minutes. remove from the flame.
- Serve hot garnished with the corriander leaves.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...