CHANA DAAL RECIPE
1 cup chana daal
7 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tblsp ghee / clarified butter
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 chopped garlic clove
- Soak the chana daal in 4 cup water for 2-3 hours then wash and drain.
- Boil 3 cups water, ginger, turmeric and the salt in a pan.
- Add the chana dal, cover the pan and cook over medium flame for 30 min or till the dal is tender and stiring occasionally.
- Stir the dal when cooked.
- For the tempering heat ghee in a pan and when hot add cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to sputter add garlic.
- Stir well and fry till the garlic turns light brown. Add the red chilly powder and stiring it, pour it immediately over the cooked dal and cover the pot
- Chana dal is ready to be served with rice or bread.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...