- 3 oranges
- 1 1/4 pints milk
- 1 1/2 oz cornflour
- 1 oz butter
- 3 oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
How to make orange pudding:
- Peel the oranges, cut in pieces and place in a buttered dish.
- Mix cornflour with a little of the milk.
- Boil remainder of milk, add to the cornflour paste and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter and a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the oranges.
- Mix the rest of the sugar with the yolks of the eggs, and add to the milk and cornflour mixture.
- Stir for a minute or two longer over the fire without boiling.
- Pour over the oranges and bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites stiffly, fold in a little castor sugar, pie on top and return to cool oven for abut 10 minutes, to set and tinge a very pale brown.