Pyaz ki kachori is a very delicious and delectable Rajasthani breakfast recipe. Pyaz ki kachori recipe though little time consuming but still worth an effort.
For the dough:
- 2 cups Maida (Plain Flour)
- 1/4 cup melted Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups finely chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
- 2 tsp Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped Green Chillies
- 2 tblsp Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
- 2 tsp Dhania Powder (Coriander)
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tblsp Chopped Coriander
- 2 tblsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make pyaz ki kachori :
- To prepare the dough combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi soft dough using water. Keep it for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and keep them covered under a wet muslin cloth.
- For the onion filling heat oil in a pan.
- Add the kalonji, saunf, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and saute till the onions turn light brown in color.
- Add the besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide into 12 equal parts and keep aside.
- To make kachoris roll out each portion of the dough into a 2 inch diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the filling in the centre of the rolled dough.
- Surround the filling with the dough by slowly streching it over the filling.
- Seal the ends tightly and remove excess dough.
- Roll each filled portion into a 2 1/2 inch diameter circle takingcare to ensure that the filling does not spill out.
- Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil over a slow flame till golden brown.
- The kachoris should puff up like puris.
- These kachoris take a long time to be cooked in the inside too.
- Serve hot with tamarindchutney and harichutney.