- 1 kg Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 30 grams fresh Ginger (Adrak) (2 tsps long strips)
- 2 cloves Garlic (Lasun), chopped
- 60 grams Raisins (Kishmish) (4 tsps)
- 2 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
- 1 Onion (Pyaj)
- 240 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (1 1/22 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 1/2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
- 10 blanched Almond (Badam)
How to make tomato chutney:
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Take out from the water, wipe and remove their skins and cut into small pieces.
- Cut ginger into long, thin slices.
- Put tomatoes, Red chili pepper , chopped garlic and ginger into a degchi and cook till tender.
- Stir constantly until thick.
- Add vinegar, sugar, cleaned raisins and crushed cardamoms and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fire, cool and keep in air tight jar.