Scrumptious chocolate coconut cake made from desicated coconut, cocoa, margarine and milk.
- 1 1/2 oz. desicated coconut
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz. margarine
- 6 oz. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. plain flour
- 1 level tsp cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 tspful baking powder
How to make chocolate coconut cake:
- Soak the coconut in the milk for 1/2 hour.
- Cream fat and sugar, add the lightly beaten eggs and then the coconut and milk.
- Stir in the well-sieved dry ingredients, mix well and turn into a greased lined tin 10 inch by 8 inch.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When cold, decorate the top as desired, or cut into fingers.