Relish this easy to bake and prepare carrot cake made of mixed spices, walnuts and coconut.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup broken and chopped walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 3 tsp mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tsp of orange juice
How to make carrot cake:
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a pan mix nicely the all purpose flour, mixed spices, baking soda, brown sugar, desiccated coconut and chopped walnuts.
- In a separate pan melt the butter and add the golden raisins, carrots and orange juice.
Stir it nicely and pour it on top of the dry ingredients.
- Now add the beaten eggs to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
- Prepare a loaf tin by oiling the base and the sides, pour this prepared mixture into the tin and bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of it comes out clean.