STUFFED ALOO RECIPE
8 medium Potatoes (peeled)
2 cauliflower florets (chopped)
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 capsicum (cored, seeded and chopped)
1 tbsp peas
2 green chilies (chopped)
4 medium tomatoes (cubed)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Salt To Taste
2/3rd cup water
1/4th cup ghee
1tsp chopped coriander leaves
How to make bharawn aloo:
- Slice off the top from the aloo (potatoes) - a thick slice to be
used as a lid later, and carefully scoop the inside.
- Place the Cauliflower, capsicum, peas, onion, chilies, garlic and
half salt in a saucepan with the water.
- Parboil until the water is fully absorbed into the mixture.
- Fill the mixture into the potatoes, cover with the potato lids
and secure with wooden cocktail sticks (toothpicks).
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai or saucepan and cook the tomatoes with
the remaining salt over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Carefully arrange the stuffed aloo (potatoes) over the tomato
mixture, cover tightly and cook potatoes in their own steam for
about 10 minutes until tender.
- Garnish the stuffed aloo with chopped coriander and serve hot
with roti or paratha.