LAUKI KI SABZI RECIPE
Lauki ki sabzi is an everday menu dish made by cooking lauki in onions and tomatoes and served with chapatis. Find out how to make Indian bottlegourd sabzi.
Serves : 2
Cooking time : 25 mins
1 medium sized or 700 gms Lauki
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 medium tomato (chopped)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
How to make bottlegourd sabzi:
- Peel and cut the lauki in cubes. Soak them in water otherwise the lauki will get black.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste and onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add tomatoes and rest of the dry spices except salt. Mix well and cook till oil starts to separate.
- Now add lauki and salt and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 4 whistles on medium flame. If using a pan then cook the sabzi in a covered pan till the gourd is soft. Stirring occasionally.
- If you feel that the sabzi is watery then put it back on flame and cook till the vegetable is semi-dry.
- Tastes delicious with chapatis and raita.