ALOO BADIYAN RASEDAAR RECIPE
500 gm aloo (potatoes) - peeled, boiled
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup yogurt-beaten smooth
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp coriander leaves
How to make aloo badiyan rasedaar :
- Break the potatoes, by holding them in your palm and closing your
- Heat oil and add the badis in very briefly-just put them in,
quickly turn them over and remove from oil, keep aside. They should
barely get darkened.
- In the same oil, add cumin, when it splutters, add the potatoes
and fry over high flame but just slightly. Add salt, turmeric and
- Stir-fry till mixed well. Add enough water to cover the potatoes
and badis, bring to a boil and simmer, till the badis get soft, but
hold their shape.
- Add the yogurt and mix well and serve the aloo badi curry
immediately garnished with coriander leaves.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...