CUCUMBER PACHADI RECIPE
2 small sized cucumber (kheera)
1/2 inch ginger (adrak)
2-3 green chillies
2 tblsp coconut (narial) (scraped, optional)
1 1/2 cups yogurt
1 tsp oil (tel)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (raai)
5-6 curry leaves (kari patta)
2 red chillies whole
salt (namak) to taste
How to make cucumber pachadi:
- Wash and scrub cucumbers thoroughly and then grate with the skin.
- Pour yogurt (made of skimmed milk) into a clean muslin cloth and hang it for half an hour, preferably in a cool place.
- Peel, wash and finely chop ginger. Wash green chillies, remove stem and finely chop.
- Grind together scraped coconut, green chillies and ginger to a fine paste.
- Mix together the grated cucumber, ground coconut masala and yogurt. Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds. When they start to crackle, add curry leaves, whole red chillies broken into two, stir for a moment.
- Pour it on to the yogurt mixture. Stir it thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...