CHICKEN KURMA RECIPE
1 kg chicken
1 cup onions ( pyaj) (sliced)
2 tblsp poppy seeds (khuskhus) (khuskhus)
1 tblsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup coconut (narial) (scraped)
1/2 cup yogurt
2 cloves garlic (lasan)
2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
3-4 green cardamoms
3 tblsp oil (tel)
salt (namak) to taste
6 red chillies whole
1/4 cup fresh cream (malai)
How to make chicken kurma:
- Clean, wash and skin the chicken. Cut the chicken into 12-14 pieces.
- Soak poppy seeds in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes.
- Grind soaked poppy seeds with de-seeded red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, green cardamom and scraped coconut.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and cook till they are translucent. Add ginger paste and stir for 15 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces and cook on high heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Make sure the chicken does not brown.
- Stir in the ground paste and add 1 cup of water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add beaten yogurt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finish with fresh cream.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...