TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
1 1/2 lbs. of ripe tomatoes remove seeds, peeled and
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Onion chopped
1 Clove of garlic crushed
1 Small red pepper chopped (optional)
4 Cups of chicken or vegetable stock
2 oz of tomato paste
1/4 cup of Basil
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, cook the onion, garlic and red
pepper till soft.
- Add the tomato and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and put the mixture in a blender until it
- Return to the pan and heat gradually.
- Add the fresh basil to the tomato soup, cook 2 minutes and serve.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...