FRENCH FRIES RECIPE
6 large baking potatoes, cut into strips
Oil for deep frying
How to make french fries:
- Cut the potatoes into strips of about 1/3 to 1/2-inch thickness
- Soak potatoes in ice cold water for 1 hour at room temperature.
Drain well; pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to about 375°.
- Place potato strips in a single layer in deep fry basket; fry in
hot oil for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Drain the homemade french fries on paper towels then keep warm in
the oven while frying remaining batches.