BESAN DHOKLA RECIPE
350gms Gram flour (Besan)
1cup Curd (Stirred)
1tsp Green Chilies (paste)
1tsp Ginger (paste)
Salt to taste
1tsp Soda bi-carb / Eno fruit salt
1 Lemon juice
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
Few Curry leaves
1tsp Mustard Seeds
Coriander leaves (chopped)
2-3 green chilies (vertically slit)
- In a bowl add gram flour (besan), Curd and water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be of thick
- Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with a lid.
- Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter. Also
add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Keep the steamer or cooker ready on gas.
- Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
- Now in small bowl take a tsp. of soda bi-carb or eno, 1tsp oil
and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add this to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10-12 minutes
or till done.
- Cool for sometime and cut into big cubes.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry
leaves allow to splutter. Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
- Garnish the besan dhokla with coriander and slited green chilies.
- Serve with hari chutney.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...