KHASTA DAL KACHORI RECIPE
3/4th cup skinless dried black beans (urad)
4 cups Flour (atta)
1 green chili chopped
Oil for deep frying
1tbsp anise seeds (Saunf)
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp white cumin seeds
1/2tsp red chili powder
1/4th tsp asafoetida powder
- Soak the beans in water overnight then rinse and drain.
- Sift the flour and gradually add enough water to make soft dough.
Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
- Grind the drained beans with the chili powder, salt and spices to
make stuffing. Mix well and divide it into 16 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 16, using wet hands, and smear each portion
with a little oil.
- Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
- Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smooth
ball, using greased hands.
- Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
- Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
- Now lift the rolled kachori and carefully slip it into the hot
- Immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a
spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
- This should take only a few seconds. Flip the kachori over and
cook the other side until golden brown.Serve the dal kachori hot
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...