CHOLEY BHATURE RECIPE
2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
1 pouch Yeast
1 cup Yogurt
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste
1 small can Garbanzo beans
1/2 tsp Ginger paste
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Cilantro
6-7 Mint leaves
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
2-3 Bay Leaves
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 Medium-sized finely chopped onion
1 Big tomato
1 1/2 cup Water
Salt to taste
How to make chhole bhature :
- Take yeast and soak in lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes
- Take all other ingredients and mix well. To this add the yeast
and make a soft dough like for chappatis. If need be add a little
water and keep aside for 4-5 hours, the longer kept, the better it
- Roll like puri but this needs to be kept thicker than poori. Fry
like poori till both sides are golden brown.
- Take 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressue cooker and heat it.
- Add garlic powder and make it dark brown. Then add cumin seeds
fry till they start spluttering.
- Now add bay leaves and cloves. Add diced onions. Fry then till
they are light brown.
- Now add the rest of ingredients including water except the
cilantro and mint leaves.
- Close the pressure cooker and wait for 3 whistles to come or cook
for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish choley with thinly sliced long pieces of onion and a
piece of lemon split up into 4 pieces.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...