Sai Bhaji Recipe
Sai Bhaji is also called Sindhi palak and is very popular not just in Sindhi households but all the other communities too. Learn how to make Indian sai bhaji.
1 Bunch Spinach or Palak
1/2 Bunch Dill
1 Onion (diced)
2 Tomatoes (chopped)
1-2 tsp Tamarind Juice
1/2 Cup Chana Daal (Soak for 15 mins)
1/2 tsp Ginger (grounded)
5-6 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Cup Water
Salt to taste
How to make sai bhaji:
- Chop Spinach,Dill and wash properly.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add onions.Fry
till golden brown.
- Add soaked chana daal,tomatoes,ginger,garlic,green chilies and all
powdered spices except cumin seeds.
- Saute for a few minutes till golden brown.
- Add chopped spinach and dill and tamarind juice.Mix well.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles and then
let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When pressure is finished mash the daal and spinach
- Heat ghee in a pan for tadka and cumin seeds and 1 chopped
garlic clove.Once it starts to splutter pour it on the bhaji.
- Serve hot
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...