Karachi Halwa Recipe
Karachi Halwa is a popular Sindhi dessert.It is cooked with semolina or sooji.Preparation method for Karachi Halwa is described below.
1 Cup Semolina or Sooji (Soaked in water for an hour)
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Desi Ghee
4-5 Cardamoms (Powdered)
1 tsp Pineapple essence
1/2 Cup Cashews & walnuts (broken)
3 tblsp water
How to make karachi halwa:
- Microwave 3 tblsp Desi Ghee on high for 30 seconds
without covering.Add cashews and microwave on high for
3-4 minutes.Drain the cashews on a plate.
- In the same ghee add sugar and 3 tblsp water.Mix well.
- Microwave this on high for 2 minutes.
- Keep it uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir it once and add soaked semolina,remaining ghee and cardomom
powder.Microwave this on high for 5 minutes.
- Now add essence and dry fruits.
- Karachi Halwa is ready to be served.