DUTCH SAUCE RECIPE
5 level teaspoons flour
3 teaspoons butter
4 cups milk
1 teaspoon onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Sugar (Cheeni)
2 pieces bay leaf
pinch of Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
pinch of grated nutmeg
2 Cloves (Lavang)
Salt (Namak) to taste
4 to 6 teaspoons Lemon (Nimbu) juice
4 to 5 teaspoons Vinegar (Sirka)
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
2 teaspoons chopped green Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
How to make dutch sauce:
- Put the milk to boil with chopped onion, green Coriander leaves, bay leaf, peppercorns and cloves.
- Cool the milk and strain.
- Melt the butter, stir in the flour on fire, fry a little without browning it.
- Add the milk, whisk over the fire until it boils and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add a pinch of red chilli and grated nutmeg and 1 teaspoon salt.
- When cold, add vinegar, lemon juice and mustard powder and mix it.
- Check for salt.
- Serve with cutlets.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...