SHRIMP BIRYANI RECIPE
1 lb Shrimp shelled and deveined
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 Medium chopped Onion
1" Grated Ginger Piece
2 cloves Crushed Garlic
2 Green Chillies
2/3 cup Grated Coconut
2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Lime Juice
1 tbsp Cashewnuts and Raisins
2 Bay Leaves
1/4 cup Ghee or butter
1 tsp Salt or to taste
How to make shrimp biryani:
- Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic,
cashew nuts & coconut.
- In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter or ghee and add half of the
onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well so that all the
shrimps are coated with the cooked masala and cook on a low flame
for 5 minutes Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee and fry
the bay leaves and add the remaining onions and fry until the onions
are golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, 1/2
tsp salt and 2 cup of water.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until
the rice is almost done on a low flame.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together.
- Cover the bowl with the aluminium foil. Put it in the oven for
about 10 - 15 minutes.
- When done add the lime juice and garnish the shrimp biryani with
fried cashewnuts and raisins.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...