SAMBHAR RICE RECIPE
Learn how to make sambhar dal and rice easily and
1 cup rice
1 cup toor dhal (soak the dhal for 3-4 hours in hot water)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilly powder
2 tsp sambar powder
salt to taste
1 tsp tamarind paste
ghee for frying
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a few curry leaves
a pinch of asafoetida
2 cashews (optional)
few chopped shallots (sambar onions)
a few chopped corriander leaves
How to make sambhar rice:
- Wash rice and dhal, drain away all the water, to the rice/dhal
mixture add the turmeric powder, corriander powder, chilly powder,
sambar powder and salt.
- Add 4 cups of water to tamrind paste mix and pour into the
- Cook in pressure cooker for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add ghee in the pan and fry the shallots (sambar onions), as it's
getting brown add the mustard seeds, cashewnuts, curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the Sambar Bath.
- Sprinkle with chopped Corriander Leaves.
- Serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...