RICE KHICHDI RECIPE
Learn how to make nutritious and tasty Khichdi with
toor dal and rice.
2 cups rice
1 cup toor dhal
2 finely sliced onion
6 to 8 small size tomatoes
4 slitted into halves green chillies
12 to 15 mint leaves
1/2 bundle corriander leaves
1 tsp garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
salt to taste
1/4 cup veg. oil
a few curry leaves
3 cups water
a pinch of turmeric powder
How to make rice khichdi:
- Wash and cook dhal with a pinch of turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Don't discard the cooked dhal water.
- Fry the onions, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When onions are golden add slit green chillies, mint, curry
leaves and a part of the corriander leaves.
- Keep the remaining corriander leaves for garnishing.
- Add salt, ginger and garlic paste. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the washed, drained rice and chopped tomatoes. Fry for few
- Add the cooked dhal, mix well and add 3 cups of water.
- Add cooked dhal water. Cook it for 8 to 10 minutes till the rice
- Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...