CARROT RICE RECIPE
This is a very delicious and nutritious recipe of
carrot rice made from groundnuts, carrots and spices like cinnamon and
2 cup rice
2 tsp fried groundnuts
2 tsp oil
a small piece of cinnamon
1 tsp broken block gram
2 nos cloves
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp bengal gram
a few sprigs curry leaves
Salt as per taste
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp grated coconut
4 nos red chillies
How to make carrot rice:
- Heat the pan, pour the 1 tsp oil. Add red chillies, coriander
seeds, cumin seeds and fry till it turns brown.
- Add grated coconuts and remove from the heat. Grind it after it
- Grind seperately, the fried groundnuts coarsely.
- Cook the rice and let it cool.
- Put the carrots in warm water. Grate it without peeling the skin.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, mustard, broken block
gram and Bengal gram. Fry them.
- Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Once the onion is cooked,
add the grated carrots. Fry till the carrots are cooked.
- Add rice and fry in a low flame. Add salt and the ground masala
powder. Mix it well with the rice.
- Finally add groundnut powder and remove from the flame. Serve
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...