PALAKWALI DAL RECIPE
2 green chillies
red chillies whole
6 -8 garlic flakes
salt to taste
2 medium sized onions
2 tblsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch asafoetida
1 inch ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup green gram split
15 - 20 leaves spinach
How to make palakwali dal :
- Wash and boil moong dal with salt and turmeric powder in 5 cup of water.
- Wash spinach leaves completely in cold running water.
- Then roughly shred them.
- Take off onions and cut them finely.
- Wash green chillies, de-seed and cut them finely.
- Take off and cut garlic, keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a kadai.
- Mix in asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds start to change colour, mix in cut onions, cut green chillies and broken red chillies.
- Stir fry till onions are soft and translucent.
- Mix in cut ginger and garlic, stir fry for 1/2 a minute.
- Mix in the boiled dal.
- Bring to a boil and mix in shredded spinach and lemon juice.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 2 minutes and serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...