KHOYA MATAR RECIPE
1 cup green peas
500 gms milk solids (khoya)500 gm
3 tblsp cashewnuts (broken)
1/2 cup bread croutons
1/2 tsp red chillies crushed
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tblsp raisins
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tblsp oil
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 tblsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp sesame seeds roasted
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup onion paste
1 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
1/2 cup tomato puree
How to make khoya matar :
- Roast the khoya slightly.
- Keep aside.
- Boil green peas.
- Heat up oil in a pan, mix in onion paste and stir fry till pink.
- Mix in ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
- Mix in tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and roast till the oil leaves the masala.
- Mix in boiled peas and stir.
- Mix in salt, roasted khoya and stir.
- Mix in broken cashewnuts and raisins.
- Mix in coriander powder and stir to mix well.
- Take off the heat.
- Sprinkle cut green chillies, roasted sesame seeds, crushed red chillies on the bread croutons and mix well.
- To serve assemble the khoya-peas masala in a dish and cover with bread crouton mixture.
- Sprinkle with cut coriander.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...