MILK PUDDING RECIPE
2 oz rice sago
1 tblspful sugar
1/2 oz butter
1 pint milk
pinch of salt
How to make milk pudding:
- Just cover the cereal with water and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain off water, and put the cereal in a greased pie dish with the sugar, butter, salt and milk.
- Let it soak for about 1 hour.
- Then stir it well and cook slowly in a cool oven for 2 hours, stirring well after ½ hours.
- The above recipe makes a pudding of medium thickness; more or less cereal should be used to vary the consistency according to taste.
- An egg can be added if desired, in which case the cereal should be boiled in the milk first and the egg added when cool.
- Then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...