CHRISTMAS PUDDING RECIPE
1/2 pound Raisins (Kishmish)
1/2 pound chopped Dates (Khajoor)
2 tblsp blanched, slivered almonds
2 cups chopped Suet
1 1/4 cups Fine Wheat Flour (Maida)
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp ground Cloves (Lavang)
1/2 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg Powder(Jaiphal)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 peeled and grated Apple
1 Orange Juice
1 Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Buttermilk
3 cups fresh White Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Brandy
1 pound Sultanas
1 pound Currants
How to make christmas pudding:
- Grease 1 pudding tin.
- In a large bowl add dried fruits, almonds and suet ..
- Dredge with 1/4 cup of flour..
- Lightly sift the remaining flour and spices..
- Add it to mixture with sugar and grated apple and mix well.
- Beat eggs until light and frothy.
- Add citrus juices, buttermilk and mix it to the pudding mixture.
- Alos mix in bread crumbs.
- Now fill the moulds 3/4 th with this mixture and boil for 6 hours.
- Keep refilling the water while puddings are boiling.
- When fully boiled let them cool off.
- Cover them and store them in refrigerator.
- Before serving steam again for 1 hour and serev with sauce.