TURNIP PICKLE RECIPE
1/2 kg Turnips (Shalgam)
1 cup Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
15 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
3/4 or 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
15 dry Dates (Khajoor)
6 teaspoons seedless golden Raisins (Kishmish)
1 teaspoon peppercorn
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1 teaspoon Onions seeds (Kalonji)
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1/3 cup Salt (Namak)
How to make turnip pickle:
- Grind the spices and sugar together.
- Grind dates and raisins with a little vinegar.
- Peel and cut turnips into thick round slices and rub salt on them.
- Keep for 8 hours.
- Heat oil, fry the ground garlic till golden brown.
- In it fry turnips till dry.
- Add vinegar, ground spices with sugar and ground dates and raisins.
- Put in a jar, keep in the sun for 6 days.