STUFFED SOUR MANGO PICKLE RECIPE
1 kg medium raw Mangoes (Aam)
90 grams mustard powder
150 grams Salt (Namak)
15 grams Onions seeds (Kalonji)
2 teaspoonfuls Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
30 grams fenugreek seeds
4 teaspoons ground spices
3 teaspoons aniseed
1 teaspoon thymol seeds
1 teaspoon Turmeric (Haldi)
Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel) to cover the Mangoes (Aam)
How to make stuffed sour mango pickle :
- Roast fenugreek seeds, aniseeds and onion seeds and grind coarsely.
- Wash and dry the mangoes.
- Slit them into 4 sections, keep them joined at the bottom and remove the stones.
- Mix ground spices, Red chili pepper , salt, turmeric, mustard powder and make a thick paste in a little oil.
- Fill the masala paste into the mangoes.
- Put the stuffed mangoes in a clean jar.
- Pour enough oil to cover them.
- Cover the jar with a close fitting lid.
- Keep in the sun for 4 days and shake it every other day.
- Keep the jar for 15 days in a room until mangoes are soft.