PUNJABI MANGO PICKLE RECIPE
1 kg raw Mangoes (Aam)
150 grams Salt (Namak)
30 grams Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
6 teaspoons aniseed
15 grams Onions seeds (Kalonji)
7 grams Turmeric (Haldi)
2 1/2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
How to make mango pickle (punjab i):
- Remove the stones and cut the mangoes into big pieces.
- Rub all the ground spices - salt, red chilli, 12 teaspoons
mustard oil and turmeric - on mango pieces.
- Put in a jar and keep for two days in the sun and shake it daily.
- Then pour rest of the oil and leave for 15 days but not in the
- Shake it every other day.
- Serve after 20 days.
- This pickle can be kept for one to two years.
- Be careful to keep mango pieces covered with oil.