PYAAZ KA ACHAR (Onion pickle) RECIPE
1 cup Mustard oil
4 tbsp Black mustard seeds
2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
3 tbsp vinegar
2 1/2 tbs. sugar
1/2 tbs. salt
3 tbsp dry mango powder
15-18 green chilies
30 cloves of garlic (peeled)
11/2 tbs. Ginger (crushed)
900 gms Onions (sliced)
1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
- Heat oil to smoking point, then set aside to cool.
- Grind or blend the mustard seeds, chili powder, turmeric,
vinegar, sugar, salt and dry mango powder together to make a paste.
- Add this paste to the oil, then all the other ingredients.
- Stir to mix well and store in sterilized jars covered with a film
- Keep for 3-4 weeks refrigerated.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...