LADY FINGER PICKLE RECIPE
25 Lady fingers
1 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
4 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for lemon juice
2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
2 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
2 teaspoons mustard powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric (Haldi) powder
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
8 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for masala
A few curry leaves
How to make Lady finger pickle:
- Remove the ends, head and tail of each Lady finger and slit on one side.
- Mix salt with all the ground spices and wet with a little juice.
- Fill the spices in the Lady fingers.
- Heat the oil and fry curry leaves and bing for one minute.
- Remove from the fire, put Lady fingers and the rest of the lemon juice and 4 teaspoons salt.
- Cook till it boils.
- Cool, put an airtight jar.
- Keep it for 3 days, then serve.