YOGURT FISH RECIPE
500 gms fish
2 cups curd blended smooth
4 tbsp mustard oil
a little flour
1 bay leaf
2 ginger grounded to paste
1 onion grounded to paste
2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cummin powder
1 tsp sugar
Salt To Taste
How to make masala fish curry:
- Cut fish onto cubes, or as traditional cross-section.
- Roll pieces separately in flour.
- Heat 2 Tbl.sp oil.
- Fry fish till pale golden.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Add remaining oil and fry bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add ginger, onion, chilli powder turmeric and cummin.
- A little water may be added if it becomes too dry.
- Fry for a while.
- Add blended curd.
- Simmer on slow fire till oil comes up on top.
- Add fish with a little water,salt and sugar.
- Simmer till gravy is thick golden.
- Serve yogurt fish with plain rice.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...