MACHHI KA SALAN
500 gms fish cut into slices
1 coconut grated
2 tsp til
2 tsp dhania powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp jeera
2 tsp khus khus
1/2 tsp haldi
2 tsp chilli powder
2 green chilies
3-4 tbsp oil
1 onion sliced fine
few curry leaves
lemon size tamarind
salt to taste
- To make Masala grind the til, dhania, jeera, mustard, khus khus,
1 tbsp grated coconut, chili powder, haldi garlic and 1 onion to a
- Extract 2 cups milk from the grated coconut. Extract the pulp
from the tamarind soaked in 1 cup of water.
- Heat oil and add the 1 sliced onion and fry till crisp. Put in
the masala paste and fry till the oil separates.
- Now add the fish pieces and fry a little. Pour in the coconut
milk and add salt to taste along with the curry leaves.
- Gently simmer till nearly done. Lastly add the tamarind water and
again simmer a little.
- Serve machhi ka salan hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...