FISH KOFTA CURRY RECIPE
(Fish Balls In Curry )
1 kg white fleshed fish
250 gms tomatoes blanched & diced
2 tbsp beaten curd
1 inch piece ginger
6 flakes garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
small piece cinnamon bark
1 tsp garam masala powder
few mint leaves
1 slice bread soaked & squeezed dry
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
8 green chillies
small bunch coriander leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp oil
oil to fry
Salt To Taste
How to make indian fish kofta curry :
- Boil the fish and remove the bones nicely.
- Mince the small onion, 4 green chilies, mint, coriander leaves
and blend with the fish along with bread, salt and garam masala
- Knead to a smooth mixture, form into small balls and deep fry to
a golden brown colour. Drain and set aside. Pound together the
remaining spices to a fine powder.
- Grind onion, ginger and garlic to a paste. Heat 3 table spoons of
ghee and fry the ground paste to a golden brown colour.
- Put in spices and fry for a couple of seconds, then put in
tomatoes and curd.
- Cook till the ghee floats to the top. Put in 2 cups of water, mix
nicely and cook over a low fire till all the liquid dries. Mash to a
smooth paste with the help of a wooden spoon and then pour in 2 more
cups of water.
- Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5
- Put in the fish balls and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve fish kofta curry hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...